Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Photos from the 2015 Edgar Awards banquet

James Ellroy
The Edgar Awards, given by the Mystery Writers of America, are coming up April 28, 2016, and this year two friends and associates of Detectives Beyond Borders' are up for awards: Adrian McKinty, up for Best Paperback Original Novel for Gun Street Girl, and Duane Swierczynski, nominated in the best novel category for Canary.

Ian Rankin, Stephen King,
Karin Slaughter, Stuart Neville
I'll be there taking pictures, schmoozing, and maybe asking a question or two of 2016 MWA Grand Master Walter Mosely.  In the meantime, some photos I took at the 2015 Edgars.

Stephen King, Hilary Davidson
© Peter Rozovsky 2016
Sara Paretsky
Stephen King, Karin Slaughter
James Ellroy
Sara Paretsky

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger RTD said...

My favorite: the Parestsky shot! Super!

April 13, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks. I took a few other shots in which Paretsky is a more corporeal presence.

April 13, 2016  
Blogger RTD said...

I like the spectral trope -- the author invisible except as a mere shadow in the text.

April 13, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I worked my way to that shadow picture with a similar photo I took of Christa Faust I took at a convention. I'll post it if I can't find the damned thing.

April 13, 2016  
Blogger RTD said...

As I am a night-crawling creature influenced by spectral suggestions, you now have me eager to read some things by both Paretsky and Faust, and then I will have to post some reactions at Detectives on the Shelves. Onward into the crimes and shadows!

April 13, 2016  
Blogger seana graham said...

I like that Ellroy over the typewriter.

April 13, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Tim: I would recommend Christa's Choke Hold especially.

April 13, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Seana: That Ellroy shot is a detail from a slide that the organizers project on big screens when the newly inducted MWA grand masters speak.

April 13, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home