Saturday, November 14, 2009

Murder and Mayhem in Muskego V

I finally made it off the ground after nine hours at Philadelphia International Airport. Ruth Jordan had driven to Milwaukee's airport to pick me up. Unfortunately I was in a taxi to the Jordans' house at the time, and I was at the top of the stairs to welcome Ruth back to her own hospitable home.

I've learned from Brian Azzarello the inspiration for 100 Bullets (a driver who cut Azzarello off) and that Sam Reaves, who also uses the name Dominic Martell for his Barcelona thrillers, likes that other Barcelona crime writer, Manuel Vázquez Montalbán. (He likes Jean-Claude Izzo, too.)

I also found interesting C.J. Box's answer to a question about authors, blogs and social media such as Facebook: "Modern readers, I think, require some kind of interaction with the author."

© Peter Rozovsky 2009

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous BV Lawson said...

Glad you finally made it, Peter! Flying commercially these days is a real crap shoot (or is it just crap?). Looking forward, as always, to your dispatches and insights.

November 14, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Not to mention a pre-breakfast picture of me that has already been posted elsewhere.

November 15, 2009  
Blogger Loren Eaton said...

Nine hours? That sounds positively hellish. Did your luggage arrive with you?

November 15, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I had checked no luggage, fortunately. I arrived two hours early, my flight was cancwelled because of bad weather down south, I was put on a new flight 4 1/2 hours later, and that flight was then delayed 2 1/2 hours. But I was able to make productive use of my time, all things considered.

And soon I'll make another post about the event.

November 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home