Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The last carnival

The Carnival of the Criminal Minds winds down this week after a 16-month run that enlisted crime fiction bloggers from around the world to hold forth on the writing they loved.

For the thirty-second and final edition, Carnival Queen Barbara Fister looks back at carnivals past, and a fine list it is, of the straight and the bent, the printed and the screened, monkeyshines and manifestos and all the best of crime fiction everywhere.

Give Barbara a round of applause, if you would, and click here for her biweekly announcements of all 32 carnivals. Thanks, Babs.

© Peter Rozovsky 2009

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Consider this my applause to Barbara.

gb

February 18, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Much obliged. Visit her other endeavors, the Scandinavian crime fiction site, its accompanying blog, and Barbara Fister's place.

February 18, 2009  
Blogger Barbara said...

Babs?

Er, blush, thanks for the props and for playing. The word "monkeyshines" just made my day.

February 18, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Sorry, Ms. Fister. I couldn't help myself. I know Barbaras who hate being called Babs, Elizabeths who hate being called Liz, and even, er, a Peter who resents the false chumminess exemplified by those who call him Pete without having earned, by previously friendly relations, the right to do so.

"Monkeyshines" just came to me while I was writing that post. I had not used it in years.

February 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home