Thursday, June 28, 2007

Clichés come alive!!! (A domestic vignette that has nothing to do with crime)

The plumbers came to my house today. They fixed my pop-ups and flappers, and they put in a new toilet. One problem, however, will have to wait until they or I buy the necessary replacement part. And that is why they fixed everything but the kitchen sink.

This is the best thing that has happened to me since I arrived in New York by train for a concert and asked an Amtrak police officer at Pennsylvania Station: "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First thing I did when first arriving in New York was to head for a deli and ask for a pastrami on rye. I'd always wanted to do that.

June 30, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Delicious! I'll have to remember to ask for bangers and mash the next time I'm in England. I've already had fish and chips and been to a pub.

June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home