Monday, November 06, 2006

Two set in Tunisia

This is too good to pass up. I've just returned from an archaeology tour of Tunisia, and I discovered Lyn Hamilton's The African Quest, about a series of murders on an archaeology tour of Tunisia. I hope to get some comments from my fellow travelers to Tunisia, none of whom has ever been party to a murder, as far as I know.

It took that vacation to get me reading Patricia Highsmith, though I'd long loved Alfred Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train, based on a Highsmith novel. The Tremor of Forgery is about a youngish writer left to his own devices in Tunisia when a movie project fails to materialize. It's a thrill to recognize the settings in the first chapter. Beyond that, the chapter is a superb piece of mood-setting for the strangeness that no doubt will follow.

© Peter Rozovsky 2006
Technorati tags:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home